
Last week was a tough week. Sunday we headed over to my parents house bc my grandaddy, who has been staying there with grandma, was not doing well. So we headed over there and spent some precious time with him. I sat and held his hand and talked to him and told him I loved him about a hundreed times!! We headed home bc I had to have surgery the next morning so we got home and put the kids to bed. The next morning we woke to get ready and go. Right before I headed out the door my dad called mr to tell me grandaddy had went to be with Jesus just moments before. I just sat there and cried. We knew it was coming but when it hits, it hurts. I went back and forth as to if I should go ahead with my surgery or not but in the end after talking with my mom we decided it was best if I went ahead with it. It was a tough morning, full of tears.
The surgery went well. It took a little over an hour but they retrieved the IUD and super glued me back together! ha! They had to go in thru 3 spots. After surgery we went back to my parents house and spent time talking about grandaddy and being together. The memorial service was on Thursday with a time on Wendsday evening where people came to my parents house and got to see my grandma and mom. It was wonderful spending time with family who we dont see often and talking about my grandaddy and how awesome he was! All 5 of us grandkids got up and spoke at the funeral. Afterwards we had everyone telling us that my grandaddy makes them want to be a better grandparent. How awesome is that?? My grandaddy left a wonderful legacy full of love. I love him and miss him but I am rejoicing in the fact that I will see him soon!
The recovery for me has been a lot harder then I thought it would be. I guess its because it has been nonstop since monday. But this week we have no plans so Im hoping to get lots of rest and maybe clean my house since it is a DISASTER!!!
Thank you for all the prayers and love and support you have shown us this week! Love you all!




2 comments:
so sorry for your loss ash. we've been sending lots of prayers your way
i'm so glad everything went well i'm so sorry to hear about your grandad, this is such a sweet post, i know y'all's eulogy was incredible, love you girl!
Post a Comment