Thursday, February 17, 2011

Surgery...

So, I have to have surgery next Monday the 21st. Last week was a crazy week, so I will start from the begining.
I had been feeling just awful. Headaches, sick at my stomach, cramping pain...well, 8 weeks after tmae was born I had gotten the mirena put in. A birthcontrol that goes in and I wouldnt have to worry about it for 5 yrs.! So I thought there is no way I was pregnant but just in case, I decided to take a pregnancy test...it was posotive. I cried! I then called the doctor. They said they needed to see my right away. So the next morning before the doctor I took another pregnancy test. It was negative. I was sooo confused. Went to the doctor that afternoon and they did bloodwork and had me go in for an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech told me "well, i dont see anything that looks like a baby, but (long pause) I cant find your IUD." WHAT????? WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY????? They told me it could have fallen out but it could still be in there just not in the right place. So they sent me to get xrays done. Come to find out, its still in there, just not where it is supposed to be. BUMMER! So the only way to get it out is to cut me open.... BIG TIME BUMMER!!!
So I go in next week for a laporoscopy. He will go in thru my belly button and thru a part of my csection scar. He is hopeing thats all he has to do. but depending on where it is he may have to cut me open more to find it. This is only the 2nd time he has had to do this in all his years. Of course it would happen to me! haha!
So, pray for me next week as I go in for surgery. I have had 3 csections but I have been awake for all of them and knew what was happening. this is the first time i will be put to sleep for a surgery. im nervous.
I love my doctor and know this is not his fault and he just feels awful about it. he told me today that they are going to only charge what insurance will pay. so we will not have to pay anything for this surgery. we were very thankful for this!
he told me that since this happened within 6 months of getting the mirena that mirena would replace it for free. I said "no thank you" haha!

BTW...im not pregnant. i truly belive that God had the test posotive so that I would get into the doctor and they would find this out before anything really bad happened!!

2 comments:

Laina said...

hey girl, i can't believe that happened! i am praying for you let me know how it goes!

Chrissi said...

PTL that they found out it's not in the right spot!! praying for you & know that God is in control!

Jr

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Colton

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tinsley Mae

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Westin

Lilypie First Birthday tickers