Friday, October 14, 2011
Happy 4th Birthday Jr
My oldest baby tured 4yrs old today! I used to think when I heard people say, dont blink because it goes by way to fast when you have kids, that they were crazy. But, now having 3 of my own and 1 about to join us...i totally agree. It literally seems like yesterday when I became a mother to my precious Jr. I dont even know if I ever wrote his birth story down. So, dont let this bore you but Im going to do that now. I need to remember these things while they are 4yrs fresh on my memory! ha!
When I was 34 weeks pregnant I woke up in the middle of the night with AWFUL pains. This being my first pregnancy I had no idea what labor was supposed to feel like. But, I couldnt even talk I was in so much pain so we called the doctor and off to the hospital we went. After arriving and getting all hooked up to monitors it was very clear what the problem was, my blood pressure. It was siezure level at around 170/120ish. I cant remember the very reading, but it was WAY high. After getting me stabalized but with still very high bp, they sent me to a room to be monitored for a bit longer. Well, a bit loger turned into 7 days. When I hit the 35wk mark and my bp was still extremly high we, the doctors and matthew and I, decided to induce me and get Jr out for his sake and mine.
Let me just say, this was the start of the longest night of my life. After getting the cervadill (?) and a sleeping pill the nurse left with hopes to not be back till the morning to start the pitocin. Well, 30min later or so she was back bc I couldnt stop throwing up. She dicided to check me in between spells and when she did, she broke my water which was no supposed to happen. And let me just tell you after she broke my water the contractions started coming full force. I was in strong labor with Jr for about 4 or 5 hrs. During this time Jr's heartrate dropped and they could not get it to come back up. Next thing I know Im in the OR and they are doing an emergency csection on me. It kinda all a big blurr now but hearing him cry for the first time so incredible. Matthew got to hold him fr a minute and I got to kiss his sweet face the off he went to the nicu. He was having trouble breathing so they took him to monitor him and check things out. He was born at 6:12am I didnt get to hold or see him until after lunch. The longest hrs of my life. But once Matthew brought him to me and we spent time as a family of 3, it was the greatest moment of my life. I was offically a mom. 4 days later we were home and our lives were forever changed for the best!!
Now as I sit here I am watching our 4yr old sleep peacfully beside me. He is by far the hardest working 4yr ols ever. Literally, all he wants to do is work. If he had the coice between going to chuckie cheese or helping matthew work in the yard or a car, he would choose work. He is a mini Matthew. Stubborn and strong willed yet so very loving and such a servant. Always wanting to help people. He is the greatest big brother to his brother and sister. He is a mommas boy at heart and still has to play with my hair to fall asleep. He is such a joy and I thank God everyday for blessing me and entrusting me with such an amazing little boy! Happy Birthday Jr. It is a true honor to be your momma!!!
We went to the pumpkin patch today. It is an annual tradition for Jr's birthday! We had a blast and will be carving our pumpkins next week!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
well thanks for making me cry! No, seriously, thank you for posting Jr's story. It does seem like oh so long ago that this all happened. Hard to believe he is already 4, but hard to believe it was only 4 years ago. Seems like he has been with us forever. I know God has great plans for him and will use his servants heart and the sweetest hands on this earth. I could just sit and hold them all day long. Any time he touches you, it is the greatest feeling in the world!!! Love you ALL.
Post a Comment