Thursday, September 20, 2012

my weight loss journey

Matthew and I have been married for 5yrs (6 in January). For the majority of this time I have been pregnant and/or nursing. I have put on baby weight and have not really gotten it all off before getting pregnant with the next baby. This cycle continued 4 times. So, I have had about 40-45lbs I need to get rid of and have them never ever return!

So, this past late May I started my weight loss journey. I had stopped nursing Westin so it was easier for me to watch what I ate bc while nursing I craved nothing but carbs all. the. time. So by watching what I ate and only drinking water, I started on my journey. In June I started working out with my brother in law Bobby. He is the best personal trainer! He was a huge help to me when I started. I have stopped working out with him because school has started back and between driving to Roswell and to acworth it was just too much in gas so for now I am not working out with him but I cant wait for the day when I can start back! He is awesome! Let me know if you want his number!

But, I am still watching what I eat and going on lots of walks, especially with this great weather! So I have lost 25lbs since I started!!! Unfortunatly, I have been stuck at 25lbs for a couple of weeks now. I would love to lose 20 more pounds. Since I reached my first goal of 25 I got to get my haircut and colored. Now I have my second goal of 20lbs to be at my goal weight. I am still trying to decide my treat for that. I get more motivated when I have something to look forward to.

So, its coming off little by little and for that I am thankful! 25 down, 20 to go! I hope to be there by Thanksgiving. Here are some pics taken in the middle of June compared to pics taken last week. Any tips on how you lose weight or what works for you? I would love to hear them!

7 comments:

Steph Huff said...

Ash! You look amazing! Congrats to you, it's definitely not an easy task! I don't really have any tips as I would love to lose some myself. Although, I do know a few people, my Dad being one, that have had success with calorie counting. It really helps put into perspective what we consume! You are on the downhill of your goal, I think the hardest part is getting started. You've got this and you look great!

Matthew, Ashley, Jr. Colton and Tinsley Hutson said...

thank you, so encouraging!! i just found an app that does the calorie counting for you! i think i need to start doing that and/or keeping a food journal so i actually see what im eating...that might help cut out some food thats not needed but wanted!

Chrissi said...

so so so so so proud of you!!! you look amazing :) XOXO

Heather said...

You do look amazing Ashley and I am SO proud of you too!! What a huge accomplishment, especially being busy with all the little ones! Way to go!

Amber Hanshaw said...

I've been meaning to tell you at church that you look great! I can really tell you've lost weight. I'm with the first commenter...When I wrote down and kept track of what I was eating, it made a big difference. You think you're eating well until you start writing it ALL down. Every bite. Sometimes it's a real eye opener! Way to go!!!

Becky said...

Ashley! I've been meaning to tell you for a while but you look amazing! Keep up the good work momma!!

Brookie9184 said...

I think you are looking great! I really need to lose 60ish pounds myself. Wish we lived closer so we could be workout buddies with our babies :) Hope you are doing well. Love keeping up with your blog!

Jr

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Colton

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tinsley Mae

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Westin

Lilypie First Birthday tickers