Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seasons of Life...

I believe there are many seasons of life! I have been through many seasons including; baby, preschool, elementary school, middle school, lots of sports, high school, 1 semester of college, working as a nanny, being single, dating, getting married, and starting a family! Right now, I am not going to lie, I am in a hard, frustrating, tired yet oh so sweet and fun stage! Let me explain! Right now I have a wonderful hard working husband and 2 beautiful baby boys and a sweet baby on the way! It is fun and exciting to watch them grow and learn everyday. They bring so much joy to my heart that sometime it literally feels like I might explode! But, Im not going to lie, its hard. Because right now I am a stay at home mom and my husband has to work 2 jobs so that we can put food on the table. He works at Cedarcrest Church during the days and on cars in Ballground at night and then on the weekend he takes any job he can get and does it. So needless to say, we dont get to see him much. And that is hard! He comes home for about 1-2 hrs at night to eat dinner and see the kids a bit then he is off to work! You see, when we got married and then got pregnant we said that no matter how much $ Matthew made I would be a stay at home mom. We feel this is the right thing to do for our family. These are the most precious stages in thier life and I dont want to miss a minute of it! Matthew took the job with the church before we even knew how much he was going to make. We had been praying about it and knew that this is where God wanted us. Well it turns out that we took a signifigant pay cut. But we were ok with it bc we know God is in control and this is where he wanted us! I know this is just a season of life but its hard and i am struggling with being at home all day and not being able to see my husband much and the boys not being able to see thier daddy much and when he gets home all i want to do is have some adult conversation and talk his ear off and all he wants to do is go to bed bc most nights he doesnt get home till 12 or later at night. Anyways, I could go on but I guess I wanted to write this post as a reminder to myself that this is just a season and it will be gone soon and then I might miss this season and I need to cherish every minute of what Gods plan is for our family! I will just leave you with a little list of prayer request so if you think of it would you mind saying a little prayer for us!
- That I would remember to see the joy in Gods plan for our family
- That God would give Matthew the rest and strength that he needs to make it through the days
- That Matthew and I would find the right comprimise in spending time together when we have it and knowing that if we put Christ first in our marriage then we will be even better husband/wife and parents to the munchkins!

2 comments:

The Burfitt's said...

we will be praying for ya'll. love you!

Amber Hanshaw said...

You and I seriously need to just hang out. We're so close and the boys and James would have a blast! My mom's favorite saying is, "this too shall pass" and it has been my motto as a mommy! Hang in there, Mama! I don't think you'll ever regret this time you have at home with your precious babies!

Jr

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Colton

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tinsley Mae

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Westin

Lilypie First Birthday tickers