Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Newborns!

I am planning on getting some canvases made of a newborn picture of all of my babies! I am in love with all of their sweet pictures and I am so thankful for them.

It has been a year since I have had a newborn and I will never again have a newborn, unless the Lord has other plans for us :) and thankfully all of my sisters/sister in laws are having babies and planning to have babies!

I am so overwhelmingly grateful that the Lord blessed Matthew and I with 4 sweet babies. I remember each one of the days they were born like it was yesterday.

Every stage of children is fun and exciting and hard and challenging. I dont think I have a favorite stage because they are truly all my favorite stages! Each one is easy or hard and exciting and exhausting all in their own ways.

The newborn stage is sooo cuddly and sweet. The way they ball up and stick their sweet little booties out to stretch is absoluly the sweetest thing ever. Their noises are oh so precious. Even that newborn cry is by far my favorite cry. All swaddled up tight with their tiny little nose that I cant stop kissing! oh, the loveable moments of a new precious miracle. Yes, even the waking up at all hours of the night is something I am so thankful I got to do. I wont lie, there were many nights that were so hard and stressful and sleepless but looking back on it now I am so thankful for that time because I know that it is only a season and it doesnt last. They will sleep thru the night eventually. I can remember saying Phil:4:13 over and over again on those sleepless nights...and guess what..the Lord got me through those nights :)

There are so many memories that come flooding back when I see these pictures. I know I have used the word "thankful" a lot in this post but that is the way I feel every time I look at my babies. Thankful for Gods faithfullness and love for me and my children. Thankful for His timing in mine and Mathews life. Thankful for the sleepless nights and messy house full of loud kids. Thankful for this life He has given us. Its not always pretty and there are many days I want to pull my hair out and days when I have to lock myself in the bathroom and cry while tiny fingers shove themselves under the doorway trying to get in. Days when the dishes are overflowing and the laundry is neverending. Days when all I do is wipe noses and realize while I am out and about that snot is covering my shoulder and my hair hasnt been washed in who knows how long. But, even on these days, I am thankful! And, the days of fun and laughter where my kids are getting along and we are enjoying one another and they are saying halarious things and making up new games and making up awesome imaginary play of being hibatchi cooks and the days when they are pretending to be brothers with jason aldean and Tins is a princess or jr preaching to us and colton leading us in worship while tins and westin dance along...those days far out weigh the hard frustrating days and on these days I am thankful!

Thankful that these 4 sweet miracles are mine and Matthews!


Matthew Dale "Jr"
 Colton John
 Tinsley Mae
 Westin Kidd

1 comment:

Chrissi said...

awwww, i love your sweet babies!!! you're an amazing momma & i SO appreciate your perspective on all things motherhood! love you sister! XOXOX

Jr

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Colton

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tinsley Mae

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Westin

Lilypie First Birthday tickers