Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011....

2011 was a year full of ups and downs. It started off with mine and Matthews 4yr wedding anniversary and 2 days later colton turing 2! Not too long after that we found out that the mirena I had put in after Tinsley had suddenly gone missing. I had to have surgery to get it removed. The day of my surgery, my grandaddy went to be with Jesus. He went peacfully while my grandma and mom both were at his side. I miss my grandaddy but I am so thankful for the time I had with him and the time my kids had with him. He was a funny wonderful man, I miss him! Not too long after this, we found out that we were pregnant. WOW! Talk about excited and a little shocked all at the same time since I had just had surgery to remove the "floating" mirena. The next couple months were filled with babies. We had 2 nieces and 1 nephew born within a few weeks of each other! They are precious and now 7/8 months old. The summer was filled with doctors appointments for me and the baby. Lots of emotions filled this pregnancy and we had to see a high risk doctor because of things they found on unltrasound that suggested Westin could have cystic fibrosis or downesyndrom. They wanted to do test on me and the baby but we opted out as we knew that no matter what we were going to love this sweet baby boy. It was a very hard pregnancy emtionally and physically. In October I was put on bedrest and then modified bedrest both of which are extremly hard with 3 others running wild. The Lord taught me a lot about giving up control,especially when it comes to my kids. I had a lot of help and I am so thankful for it. Also in October Jr turned 4 and Tinsley Mae turned 1! We then met our sweet miracle Westin on November 15th. He is perfect and soo soo sweet! He is a great baby and we are all soo in love! Though this year was full of emotions, it was a good year and a year I am thankful for.-----This coming year I have made a list of a few things I want to do. 1. lose weight and get in shape (i got my tubes tied and dont plan on being pregnant ever again so its time to lose this baby weight I have had for over 4 yrs.) 2.Run a half marathon which I plan on doing with my mom and sisters! and 3. be more intentional about spending good quality one on one time with each of my kids becuase all to often we just get wrapped up in our everyday busy life and we forget to take special time with each of them to love on them and learn more about them! So, heres to an exciting 2012! (and i just thought i would add this picture of my boys. we found them in the dryer the other day...they keep things interesting around here! ha!)

No comments:

Jr

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Colton

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tinsley Mae

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Westin

Lilypie First Birthday tickers