Thursday, January 19, 2012
Being Greatful
It took me about 5 trys before I got the right title for this post. In the end I landed on "being greatful"! Something I strive to do daily but often times fall short. I have so much to be greatful for. A house with heat and air. Food for my children and me and matthew. Clothes for us all. Shoes for us all. A car. Furniture. Kid toys. Baby toys. A job for my husband. Family who loves us. Friends who care about us. The list could go on and on. But, far too often I find myself asking "why not me". why cant I buy clothes for my kids whenever i want. why cant we go out to eat whenever we feel like it. why cant we take a family vacation every year. why? why? why?....I must stop doing this. Who cares if I only get my haircut once a year. Who cares if I dont drive the best car or wear the best clothes. It doesnt matter, in the end, it doesnt matter. I need to be greatful for all I have. God has blessed me with so much that I dont deserve. I dont deserve my husband, my children, my house, my car, my family, my friends...I dont deserve any of it. But, God has entrusted me with all of it. I pray that I will be greatful for it all and stop asking the "why not me's" because if I keep asking myself that then I am not being greatful for what God has blessed me with and I feel like I am being so unloving to the one who at any moment can take it all away. And I dont want to do that to my Lord and Savior. He above anyone else deserves my full thankfulness and devotion because without Him, none of this would be.---Psalm 100:4 " enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."---Now, Im not saying there arent going to be times when its hard and I fall short but in those times I want to committ to being greatful for what I do have not what I dont have. I have learned that life is too short to complain all the time. I want to try and be greatful for what I have been blessed with and live life to the fullest. We arent gauranteed tomorrow or the next minute for that matter. So, I want to live a life of gratitude not a life full of complaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm with you! I also try to go with "be satisfied". One of my favorite books by Wiersbe on my favorite book, Eccl. Thank you for loving God, & family:)
Post a Comment