The last time we had a real Christmas tree was when Jr was 2 months old, December of 2007. Since then we have had a white wire tree that was really for the outside but we put it up inside with no ornaments. Last year we borrowed my mother in laws little 2ft tree and put it up on the counter with a few ornaments on it. I dont really know why we havent had a tree.
The past 2 years we have just had a baby and I guess I just didnt feel like putting up a tree and the year before that we had just lost our baby and I was depressed and didnt have much decorating spirit that year and 2008 I was 8mo pregnant and had a 1yr old and I was just lazy probably. ha!
But, this year I was determined to get Matthew to get us a tree. Well, it worked as he surprised us the Friday after Thanksgiving with a tree! I was super excited and so were the kids! We got to pull out all of the ornaments and had a blast decorating the tree. And, its real! Its only the 2nd real tree I have had in my life! It makes me vacuum a lot more often then I usually do! :)
The kids loved looking at all of the ornaments and asking why we had them. It was a fun family time. The tree has quite a few undecorated spots and lots of ornaments on the bottom! I love looking at the tree and seeing my kids work of art! They were all so proud! Pure joy in thier faces!




No comments:
Post a Comment